learning goal: what prominent themes run throughout the entire play?
time to prepare (and perform?) the groups’ mini-Hamlet presentations
Hamlet 2-3-minute presentation guidelines
- mark the themes (one from each side of the Act 5 sheet) that guide your decisions about what to include and exclude; be ready to explain your decisions in light of these themes—in speaking and/or writing
- at least half of the lines come directly from Shakespeare’s text; feel free to paraphrase/rephrase others
- feel free to perform your version as a traditional dumb show—i.e., in mime, without any spoken lines
- feel free to make imaginative use of props and costumes (think symbolically)
- troupe members share fairly in both the preparation and performance