Since some people are having trouble accessing the HI contest rules on tumblr, I have pasted them below. Good luck, poets.
16th Annual HIES Poetry ContestSteve Marine Poetry Award
“Things that are true expressed in words that are beautiful.”–Dante Alighieri, definition of poetry
Fame! Cash Prizes! Literary Immortality!3rd Place: $502nd Place: $751st Place: $100
1. Student contestants must be enrolled in grades 9-12 at Holy Innocents’ Episcopal School.
2. Each student may submit up to three poems.
3. Poem entries may be written in any form or style, with the following parameters:
- each poem must be no longer than two pages (single-spaced)
- each poem must be in a readable 12-point font (such as Courier or Times New Roman, etc.)
4. Submit four paper copies of each poem:
- Three copies without your name on them should be submitted in one envelope labeled “Entry.”
- In a separate envelope labeled “Name,” submit a fourth copy of the entry with your name on it.
5. All poems must be original works and the sole work of the student who submits them
6. All entries must be turned in to Dr. Swann (office in Room 415 or faculty mailbox) no later than Monday, April 4. Awards ceremony date TBA.
7. Please e-mail Dr. Swann at email@example.com any questions.